Foreign student application procedure for candidates WITHOUT POLE’S CARD and NOT EU member state
Pole's Card holders and EU citizens study according to the same rules as Polish citizens (free of charge). They must follow the enrollment process through the website www.rekrutacja.ukw.edu.pl.
Admission for the academic year 2017/2018 begins on June 6th, 2017 and last until September 15th, 2017.
The deadlines for submission of documents:
06.06.2017 - 10.07.2017 – candidates for Psychology, English Philology, Physical Education.
06.06.2017 - 15.09.2017 – candidates for other fields of study
Candidates are required to collect and fill in documents:
- Filled and signed Rector Application - Podanie do Rektora;
- Personal questionnaire;
- A photocopy of the passport, visa (if necessary) or the other document authorizing the stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- Upper Secondary School-Leaving Examination Certificate (so-called "Maturity Certificate") and the certified translation of school-leaving certificate into Polish;
The certificate must be legalized or apostilled.
Apostille - an international treaty drafted by the Hague Conference on Private International Law. It specifies the modalities through which a document issued in one of the signatory countries can be certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states. To be eligible for an apostille, a document must first be issued or certified by an officer recognised by the authority that will issue the apostille.
Legalization - candidateswho come from one of the countrythat have not signed the Convention must specify how foreign legal documents can be certified for its use. The document must be legalized by the Polish consulate in the country where it was issued.
- Medical certificate attesting that candidate is in good health and that there are no contraindications to attending courses within selected field study;
- Copy of health insurance (for EU candidates - European Health Insurance Card) or the declaration of accession to the insurance in the National Health Fund immediately after arrival;
- Four photographs of 35 x 45 mm in a paper form including one in digital form (JPG format): left half-profile and left ear has to be revealed, without jewellery (e.g. an earring), without a hat or dark glasses, photographs should be signed – required name and surname;
- A confirmation of payment the enrollment fee;
- Candidates for studies need to speak Polish well enough to participate in classes. Candidate is required to supply an appropriate certificate of his command of Polish language;
Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz organizes courses of Polish for foreigners (see Summer School of Polish Language and Culture).
All the documents should be sent to:
Uniwersytet Kazimierza Wielkiego w Bydgoszczy
ul. Chodkiewicza 30
with a remark: "Rekrutacja (Enrollment) + kierunek studiów (field of study)"
- Citizens of EU member states, Switzerland and EFTA member states, parties to European Economic Area and holders of 'Karta Polaka' (Pole's Card), may study in Poland in compliance with the rules valid for Polish citizens. It means that the students from these states may take up full-time studies at University free of charge.
- Citizens of countries that are not EU member states are required to pay an annual tuition according to the Rector's regulation (see the section Tuition fees).
An enrollment and tuition fee must be paid to /Account details/:
Kazimierz Wielki University
Bank Zachodni WBK SA 13 oddział w Bydgoszczy
(IBAN) PL 22 1500 1360 1213 6009 1298 0000
Charges for foreign students in the academic year 2017/2018
Citizens of EU member states and holders of 'Karta Polaka' (Pole's Card) may take up full-time studies at University free of charge. Citizens of countries that are not EU member states are required to pay an annual tuition according to the Rector's regulation.
Mathematics (studies in English) - 8250 PLN per academic year
Admission fee - 85 PLN
Studies in Polish - see Tuition fees below
Should you require more information about studies and fees please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment Officer