Foreign student application procedure for candidates WITHOUT POLE’S CARD and NOT EU member state
Pole's Card holders and EU citizens study according to the same rules as Polish citizens (free of charge). They must follow the enrollment process through the website www.rekrutacja.ukw.edu.pl.
Admission for the academic year 2018/2019 begins on June 4th, 2018 and last until September 14th, 2018.
Due to the large number of candidates, we have closed recruitment for some of the majors. The recruiting process is closed for the following first cycle studies (Bachelor):
Journalism, Media and Communication; English Philology; Applied Linguistics English and German (without knowledge of German); Second-generation Humanities; Innovation in Public Management; Psychology; Tourism and Recreation; Computer Science; Mechatronics; Physical Education.
The deadlines for submission of documents:04.06.2018 - 14.09.2018 – candidates for other fields of study
Candidates are required to collect and fill in documents:
- Filled and signed Rector Application - Podanie do Rektora;
- Personal questionnaire;
- A photocopy of the passport;
- Upper Secondary School-Leaving Examination Certificate (so-called "Maturity Certificate") and the certified translation of school-leaving certificate and aposille into Polish;
The certificate must be legalized or apostilled.
Apostille - an international treaty drafted by the Hague Conference on Private International Law. It specifies the modalities through which a document issued in one of the signatory countries can be certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states. To be eligible for an apostille, a document must first be issued or certified by an officer recognised by the authority that will issue the apostille.
Legalization - candidateswho come from one of the countrythat have not signed the Convention must specify how foreign legal documents can be certified for its use. The document must be legalized by the Polish consulate in the country where it was issued.
- Medical certificate attesting that candidate is in good health and that there are no contraindications to attending courses within selected field study;
- Copy of health insurance (for EU candidates - European Health Insurance Card) or the declaration of accession to the insurance in the National Health Fund immediately after arrival;
- Two photographs of 35 x 45 mm in a paper form including one in digital form (JPG format). Photographs should be signed – required name and surname;
- A confirmation of payment the enrollment fee;
- Candidates for studies in Polish are required to supply any certificate of command of Polish language;
- Candidates for studies in English are required to supply B2 certificate of English e.g. TSE, TOEFL, FCE, ALTE, ESOL.
Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz organizes courses of Polish for foreigners (see Summer School of Polish Language and Culture).
All the documents should be sent to:
Uniwersytet Kazimierza Wielkiego w Bydgoszczy
ul. Chodkiewicza 30
with a remark: "Rekrutacja (Enrollment) + kierunek studiów (field of study)"
- Citizens of EU member states, Switzerland and EFTA member states, parties to European Economic Area and holders of 'Karta Polaka' (Pole's Card), may study in Poland in compliance with the rules valid for Polish citizens. It means that the students from these states may take up full-time studies at University free of charge.
- Citizens of countries that are not EU member states are required to pay an annual tuition according to the Rector's regulation (see the section Tuition fees).
An enrollment and tuition fee must be paid to /Account details/:
Kazimierz Wielki University
Bank Zachodni WBK SA 13 oddział w Bydgoszczy
(IBAN) PL 22 1500 1360 1213 6009 1298 0000
Charges for foreign students in the academic year 2017/2018
Citizens of EU member states and holders of 'Karta Polaka' (Pole's Card) may take up full-time studies at University free of charge. Citizens of countries that are not EU member states are required to pay an annual tuition according to the Rector's regulation.
Mathematics (studies in English) - 8250 PLN per academic year
Admission fee - 85 PLN
Studies in Polish - see Tuition fees below
Should you require more information about studies and fees please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment Officer